Southwestern University, School of Law
SCALE Class President
University of California, Los Angeles, Economics
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
For ten years I’ve dedicated myself to criminal defense and building an expert team of defense attorneys. Through public defense work and private practice I’ve obtained the most valuable criminal education and experience. I’ve learned how to win trials and how to negotiate the best results for clients through relationship building and by establishing trust with Judges and prosecutors. I’ve successfully reduced bail for clients and consistently provide creative, alternative sentences to keep clients out of custody. I know how to navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system to secure the best possible result in an otherwise unfortunate situation.
I received my J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law before working at the Public Defenders Office in Riverside and Los Angeles Counties. I completed the two year accelerated SCALE Program and was elected President of my law school class. Prior to Law School I attended UCLA where I received a B.A. degree. Constitutional guarantees against government infringement and equality before the law are two of the ideals that drew me to a career in criminal law. Armed with experience in advocacy and a passion for criminal defense, I have the knowledge, experience and drive necessary to ensure the best outcome for any client, any case, any time.
November 2020 – Shawky Law expands with new office opening in Riverside County.
- “Nation’s Top 1%” from National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 10.0-rating and (Top Attorney, Criminal Defense) with Avvo
- “Top 40 Under 40” award by The National Trial Lawyers
- 2019 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2019 – Won “10 Best in Attorney Client Satisfaction” by American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- 2019 – Won “ Top 10 Attorney” by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- 2018 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2018 – Received “Nation’s Premier Top Ten Ranking 2018” by National Acadeny of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- 2017 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2016 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2016 – Selected by Thompson Reuters for “Super Lawyers”
- 2015 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2014 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2013 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine
- 2012 – Awarded “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine