In 2014, Californians voted for Proposition 47 allowing anyone convicted of certain theft and drug charges to have their felonies reduced to misdemeanors. If you or someone you know has a felony conviction then you understand the heavy burden associated with that. Felony consequences include denial of employment, loss of voting rights, loss of gun rights and ineligibility for certain professional licenses. Students convicted of a felony become ineligible for financial aid, others become ineligible for public housing and certain government programs like food stamps.
The good news is that Prop 47 provides immediate relief. Anyone convicted of the following felony charges may petition the court and their felony will forever be reduced to a misdemeanor. Those eligible charges include:
1) HS 11377 - Simple drug possession, most commonly cocaine or meth
2) HS 11350 - Simple possession, most commonly heroin
3) PC 459 - Commercial burglary involving an amount less than $950
4) PC 473 - Forgery involving an amount less than $950
5) PC 476 - Check fraud involving an amount less than $950
6) PC 496 - Recieving stolen property involving less than $950 in property
7) PC 666 - Petty theft with prior theft convictions
8) HS 11357(a) - Possession of concentrated cannibus
Call us today so we can file your petition, appear your hearing and get your felony removed forever without you ever stepping foot in court. If you think you can't afford it, call us because you can't afford not to.
Please call us today. We serve LA, Orange County and the Inland Empire.